When choosing a Virginia reckless driving attorney, you should ask as many questions as you can of think of relating to your case and their experience. The more questions you ask, the better you will get to know the person that may represent you.
Below is a list of 5 most important questions to ask your potential Virginia reckless driving attorney:
- How many years have you been in practice? The answer to this question will give you some idea of an attorney's experience. A lawyer who has not been in practice long may not be your best option.
- How much experience do you have with reckless driving speeding cases? Obviously, you want to hire an attorney who has experience with your type of case. Better yet, you want to hire an experienced Virginia reckless driving attorney who understands Virginia's traffic laws and knows how to defend against your specific charges.
- Who from your firm will handle my case? This is important, because the attorney who you interview may not be the one who handles your case. Oftentimes, lawyers will claim to use a "team approach", which basically means that a younger, less experienced attorney may be assigned to handle your case.
- How many cases have you taken to trial? The more reckless driving cases that an attorney has taken to trial, the more experienced they will be. When you ask this question, also ask them what percentage of cases they have won.
- What are the potential costs for your representation? Before you agree to have anyone represent you, always ask them how much their services will cost, including the costs of experts and investigators.
How Can a Virginia Reckless Driving Attorney Help Me?
Reckless Driving is not merely a traffic infraction. It is a criminal offense - a class 1 misdemeanor - the most serious class of misdemeanor in Virginia with maximum penalties of 1 year in jail, $2,500 fine, and a 6-month suspension of your driver's license.
If you have been ticketed for Reckless Driving Speeding in Virginia, there is no time to waste! Get a free copy of Bob Battle's consumer guide, The Shocking Truth About Reckless Driving/Speeding in Virginia. Or, contact 804-673-5600 to schedule your legal consultation today.